M.Eng Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) at the Nile University of Nigeria (NUN) offers Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. It is a postgraduate program designed to provide professional training beyond the undergraduate level and to accelerate careers with specialized engineering expertise needed in business, government, and industry. It is designed for graduates with a good quality undergraduate degree in electrical and electronics engineering or the equivalent engineering degree, who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in Communication Systems, Electronics and Control; and Power Systems. The degree requirements, consisting of postgraduate-level coursesand thesis research project are structured to be achievable within 18 months by a full-time student.
The program requires a total of 39 units or credit hours consisting of 16credits of departmental mandatory core courses; 17credits of courses in the area of specialization; 6 units of Master’s Research Projects; 2 unit of postgraduate research seminar, and a minimum of 3 elective credits to be completed in 18 months of study. Three focus areas of specialization supported by this program are:
- Communications Systems,
- Electronics and Control, and
- Power Systems
Students are required to choose their elective courses from the list of electives according to their area of specialization.
This program aims to provide students with the technological and competitive skills needed in the design and engineering of modern electrical and electronics system. It provides students with opportunities to:
- acquire a broad knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering systems;
- develop a fundamental understanding of the principles of electrical and electronics engineering;
- develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying the planning, design and management of communications, electronics, control and power systems;
- obtain the mathematical and computational skills necessary for the solution of theoretical and practical electrical and electronics engineering problems;
- develop high-level analytical, problem-solving and design skills applicable to electrical and electronics engineering systems;
- Develop high-level oral and written communication skills specific to the needs of the electrical and electronics engineering industry.