M.Sc Computer Science
The Master of Science program in Computer Science (CS) is designed to prepare students to be scholars, to develop the students’ capacities to understand issues and problems at the frontiers of knowledge and to make significant contributions to knowledge. The program’s overall educational goals are to provide advanced training in Computer Science research, to develop new knowledge in science, and to disseminate the knowledge gained through the appropriate channel. These educational objectives can be itemized as follows:
- Produce competent researchers in computer science who can communicate new and innovative research findings to scientists and engineers worldwide,
- Train computer scientists who are well versed in the general body of knowledge in the computing sciences,
- Produce researchers with specialized knowledge in Computer Science, and
- Increase the number of doctorates in Computer Science needed for nation building.
In order to achieve these aims and objectives, the major areas of focus offered by the department are:
- Computer Science Theory/Foundation of Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational Science and Numerical Computation, etc.
- Database Systems/Data Engineering
- Computer Communications and Networks
- Network Security
- Software Engineering
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) program in Computer Science is a research oriented degree program. Its purpose is to advance knowledge in the field of Computer Science and enable students of exceptional ability to undertake advanced study and original research. It prepares students for a research and/or teaching career in industry, research institutions, universities, and the government. The program has a focus on state-of–art technology issues that span the broad spectrum of the computing sciences including Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Security, Database Systems, Computability and Complexity Analysis, Software Engineering, etc.
Our comprehensive curriculum provides the students with the ability to identify, formulate, and execute solutions to real-world problems.
Of course, degree of advancement in the computing sciences is one of the major indices of industrial and technological development therefore the M.Sc. program in computer science has been designed to train skilled graduates who could be job-creators and self-reliant. It seeks to empower graduates to be able to embark on ventures that can effectively transform the resources within their environment into goods and services. It there aims at producing graduates who can develop innovative scientific ideas, and implement them in the development of technology for the overall benefit of society.